When it comes to buying a new garage door for your house, making the right decision can be very tough for you. As it is an important part of your house, you don’t want to take any chance with this special component. Wrong information prevailing in the market can make your decision tough and complicated. When you are thinking about to buy a new overhead door, it is crucial to separate facts from myths. If you successfully separate them, you can make a wise decision and avoid regret.
Most of the people have a bad habit to give advice on various overhead door issues, in reality they have no clear cut facts about the door. That’s why it is highly recommended that you take a help of a professional. There are some garage door myths, don’t believe on these myths ever.
- All the doors are loud: It is true that garage doors are making noise. But it does not mean all the doors are so loud. This happens when your door needs lubrication. If your door makes such a loud and weird noise, it means the door has a broken part and it needs immediate action.
- You can repair your overhead door: This is one of the biggest myths and most of the people believe in it. But it is dangerous for you and your family member who involve with you in this task. You can do some small maintenance task like lubricating the parts, cleaning the door, and DIY inspection. For the replacement of torsion spring and broken cable, you need a professional. Our garage door repair experts in Burnaby, Vancouver and all the GVA will help you 24/7.
- Garage doors are not dangerous: Most of the homeowners think that garage doors are just simple doors like others. But in reality, overhead doors are more dangerous as compared to other house doors. If you have an automatic door and also have kids and pets in your house, you need to be extra careful.
- Garage door insulation does not work: Insulated doors help to keep your garage cool during the summer season and warm during the winter season. Insulted overhead door technology is a very affordable and comes with almost every type of door. It also helps to reduce your electricity bill.
- Overhead doors are very expensive: Many people think that these doors are very expensive. Actually, these doors come in different variety and every door has a different price tag. The price of the door depends on the model and material of the overhead door.
Buying a garage door is a long term investment. So, it is crucial make your decision very carefully. Don’t believe in that person who compel to believe in these myths. If you have any doubt regarding these myths, you can contact to Garage Door Repair BC for more information.